Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Clayton's Eyes

The past couple of months, I have suspected that one of Clay's eyes might be lazy. He would be standing in front of me, talking, and I wouldn't be able to tell if he was looking at me or not. Often, we would be sitting at the dinner table, and Mike would ask Clay to stop crossing his eyes. Clay would then insist that he wasn't. Well, this week I made him a appointment with the eye doctor and she confirmed that one of his eyes was weaker than the other. She wants Clay to wear glasses and then come back in four months to see if they are helping. We hope that that will do the trick but she suspects that the problem is with his eye muscles and that it might require surgery. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he won't need the surgery!

Here is a picture taken Christmas morning, that shows his eye drifting inward.


A closer look.




7 comments:

Berty said...

Tell Clay I understand completely what he is going through. (Just be grateful he doesn't have to wear a patch over one of his eyes) Don't worry I can see fine now.

... kinda.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

He looks so cute in those glasses! We'll keep our fingers crossed that they help!!

Chugg Family said...

what a handsome boy...those glasses
make you look so old!

Jenny said...

Wow, he looks adorable in those glasses!

Lindsay said...

He looks so handsome with glasses! (BTW, the surgery for lazy eye isn't so bad. It's really quick and recovery is fairly painless. My little cousin has had that surgery 3 times... his eye is MUCH MUCH worse, too. Good luck!)

Missy said...

I love little boys with glasses! He looks really great in them. Hopefully the glasses will help his eyes, keep us posted!

Shannon said...

oh my! I have such a soft spot for little kiddos with glasses, and he looks precious! I hope too, that they will help!